Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Please, Just Stop.

Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Ephesians 5:11

--I would once again like to point out the excessive use of cuss words among today's youth. This is deeply saddening. There ARE much better ways to express yourself, even if you don't believe it, and it CAN be accomplishsed without resorting to sesquipedalian loquaciousness. (And, no, I have no clue either if I've spellt that right. Spelled... spellt... now I've confused myself. The English language... groan... and don't get me started on our insane alphabet...)

I don't know, it may be just me, but many of the things that 'inspire' (sarcasm intended) modern youth to cuss are relatively minor things. Tripping on your way up the stairs does not count. Nor should engaging in a normal conversation with a friend on your ever-present cellphone count. Nor should it be the reflex reaction for any given unpleasant situation.

Just think... one day you're going to be called to account for every breath you took, every action you did, every thought that passed through your mind (willingly, at least), and every word you spoke. If that isn't enough to scare a man straight...

And there's always the point that though silence may be misinterpreted, it can never be misquoted. It's something to think about...

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment