Friday, November 11, 2011

This Is A Completely Pointless Post

I'm wearing my new boots.

I told you this was a completely pointless post.

But I am very proud of my new boots! My old ones were falling to pieces and I could no longer delude myself into thinking they were anything other than that. So we went first to the co-op and looked at Muck boots but pretty much everything there was too big for my feet. It was all men's sizes you see... and the smallest was like a 9, and I needed a men's 7 to equal a women's 8 (I think I have that right). But then we went to Tractor Supply Co. and found some that worked (after thirty minutes of wandering around the shoe section and laughing at bright yellow rubber boots and rock-hard cowboy hats). At first I thought I wouldn't be able to get my feet out of a pair. I sort of fell over trying to dislodge the boot. No permanent damage was incurred.

We eventually had success and now I very much like these boots. Not only are they especially handy for rainy conditions (tennis shoes and rain puddles do NOT mix!), they are very warm. And I like the clomp-clomp sound of them. Plus they are very handy for stepping on the toes of annoying little brothers. If you have little brothers you know precisely what I mean.

Of course, now I feel like Sadie from the Kane Chronicles, who loves her combat boots so much she sleeps with them on. Which is weird, because I don't really like Sadie that much...

As an aside, DR. DIAZ ROCKS. We had no chemistry today due to it being Veterans' Day.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment