Thursday, November 3, 2011

Today is Thursday. But You Knew That Already.

Yep. When I can't think of a title for my completely pointless blog post, I aim for snarky. As you can tell, it really doesn't work. I have a weird sense of humor.

I wish I had known it was going to rain before I went out the door this morning. (And, yes, I do seem to be in the habit of posting some rain-related quote every day it rains. Don't worry, I'll run out of them sooner or later.) All I saw was that it was cloudy. But as I was halfway into town it began to sprinkle. It's not so bad dashing to the shuttle, but walking across campus in the rain... not so fun. Especially when your tennis shoes get wet and then soak your socks, because your socks don't dry for hours. Not fun at all. So I did a mad dash across campus, jumping puddles and running up the hill to the math building.

I can understand the purple ribbons on everything for Spirit Week. (It IS Spirit Week, isn't it?) But the pink bows... OCTOBER was Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This is November. Can we get out of the pink hoopla by now, for goodness's sakes? I don't know how much more aware I can get. And whoever put two enormous pink bows on each of the benches around the ampitheater.... gah. It's so gaudy. And garish. And ghastly. And I can think of a bunch more g adjectives, but I'll just leave it with this... gollum, gollum...

Yes, I can do a very good Gollum impersonation in real life. Why I might think that is a good thing, I have no clue.

We did our compare and contrast essays in English this morning. I did not find it very hard at all, because I picked a topic I know very well- the Lord of the Rings and Narnia. I compare/contrasted Boromir and Edmund. I also shot for overkill as I picked 3 compare points and 3 contrast points. I got three full pages out of it though, so that is good.

Did I mention lab has been a mite more exciting the past few times? Last week we set magnesium on fire. (We love torching things in chemistry lab!) Unfortunately we had to put it in a crucible so we could not watch the pretty flames. This week we boiled stuff. We also broke a lot of stuff. One of the girls across the bench broke a beaker, we dropped our watchglass twice (fortunately it didn't break either time) and then the group down from us allowed their beaker to boil over it and sort of had a watery explosion. I'm not really sure what it did, but the beaker fell off and broke, glass went everywhere, clouds of steam were billowing off it, and everyone in the room was staring. Finally the guy said something along the lines of, "I guess we'll have to start the experiment over."

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment