Friday, December 23, 2011

A Small Rant On Terry Bowden

When coaches say they're staying or that they have no intentions of leaving, THEY ALWAYS LEAVE. Especially this year. 'Tis the season to fire coaches, lalalalalalala. I mean, seriously, people.

Yes, I saw the article in the paper this morning about Terry Bowden leaving. Why? As far as I could tell, he was doing decently here. We made it to the playoffs yet again. He had just signed a one-year contract. Why is he leaving? I've never even HEARD of Akron before (though apparently they are the Zips, of all things. At least that shows some imagination. It's better than yet another team called the Tigers).

If you don't know, I also like Auburn, and I'm also frustrated that we just lost BOTH our offensive and defensive coordinators. At least we'll have Malzahn for the Chick-fil-A Bowl. That makes it slightly less insulting. Still... How can any football program have any sense of stability when the coaching staff gets changed so often?

I haven't heard that Saban is switching colleges yet, though... He'll probably just stay there. The Alabama-ites love him. They think he's the second coming of Saint Bear Bryant and don't you dare say a word against either of them. Instead you must decorate your Christmas tree with houndstooth print instead of tinsel and beads and instead of singing Christmas carols you must gather round and sing, "Rammer Jammer".

Yup, I'm a little annoyed.

This is almost certainly my last post before Christmas, so a huge MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you out there, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment