Thursday, March 1, 2012

Okay, When Was The Last Time I Blogged?

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I'm still around, still going to classes, and everything. I just haven't been blogging. What can I say to excuse myself...? Um, nothing really, except that I haven't really been in the mood for blogging? That, or I haven't thought of much to blog about.

Today, however, I was determined to blog. So I made sure that I had something to blog about. In which case... you guessed it... today's Thursday! The Flor-Ala comes out today! I can blog about the complaints on the back of it! Ta-da!

On a more depressing note, the crossword wasn't in the Flor-Ala again. This time, however, they didn't even offer a substitute. I was correspondingly despondent. To recover my spirits, I played on the piano in the Lafayette lobby for at least twenty straight minutes. My apologies, Dr. Brewton. I was playing Disney songs and somehow I doubt they were very conducive to getting a lot of work done.

ANYWAY, the first comment up is the one about the lights being on in Floyd at 2:00 am. I'm never at UNA at 2:00 am to notice it, but I can't believe that such a thing is done. After all, the lights under the covered book drop area at the Florence public library (FLPL! Haha) are ALWAYS on, no matter what time of day it is or what the weather is like. We have often wondered how often they need to be replaced, and exactly HOW they are replaced when necessary. I suppose, in the case of Floyd, this would be done to discourage vandalism or something (personally, the thought of vandalizing a science building sounds stupid to me. What if your can of spray paint chemically reacted with something and set off a fireball to rival Nascar's?). Still... yeah, the wasted electricity and the light pollution gets annoying.

Next up, the comment about the person playing Sims in the library. This is on the heels of someone insisting that Facebook should be blocked in the library. This just goes to show that we young people are, as a whole, addicted to technology. I have never been prouder to not have a Facebook account in my life! Bwahaha. The more I hear about it, the more I think, "Just another thing I would be wasting my time on." No, thank you, I waste enough time on my own as it is! For example, I am delaying working on my research proposal at the moment. Not to worry, however, as I have already done my calculus homework and shall get my proposal worked on. I have all the books I needed piled up next to me as I type. They shall not go away. I shall work on it!

As for Rite Aid selling 3 different kinds of coke and 45 kinds of beer, I'm so not even going to ask...

I seem to find myself saying that a lot- "So not even going to ask..."

I agree with the person who is annoyed at the "college students commplaining as if they're entitled to a free pass because of problems they already knew how to avoid". I am with you!

WHY was some girl painting her nails in the front row in class? I can only imagine what the professor was thinking...

Ah, and for my next victim, I notice someone ELSE has complained about having classes at the tops of buildings! This person as slightly more of an excuse, however, as they have classes at the top of both Floyd and Bibb Graves. Yeah, that might be annoying. It will not, however, end your life. DEAL WITH IT! A second annoyance about this tweet is that the person was apparently incapable of capitalizing 'Floyd Hall' and 'Bibb Graves'. Capital letters, along with grammar, proper spelling, and punctuation, have apparently gone out of fashion. This is beyond annoying. This is intolerable. Grammar is a fundamental order of nature! It reflects the order of Creation! It is important! Not only does it give others a way to evaluate your intelligence level (seriously, it does), it plays a role in the battle of chaos and order. Ma'at and Isfet. Good and Evil!

Okay, you may think I have seriously lost it at this point (strangely, I think I give people occasion to think that quite a lot of the time), but I don't think I have, at least, not more than usual. Some philosopher- it may have been Nietzsche- said, "We have not gotten rid of God until we have gotten rid of grammer," and I abide fervently by that principle, except I am fighting on the opposite side. SOG! Save Our Grammar!

Okay, rant over. Next on my victim list... QEP standing for Quick, Everybody Pretend. Haha, that one's actually amusing. Nice to know that some people actually have a sense of humor. Because the amount of acronyms and the flagrant abundance of them can get tiresome very quickly. I only remember two lines from Transformers 1 (which I was somehow talked into watching; trust me, I shan't be a repeat offender): "No, it's Wolverine!" and the latter, more appropriate to this situation, "Try to keep up with the acronyms." I think of it every time some official person or group comes up with another completely pointless acronym. I think the government runs on acronyms. I mean, look at it, it's filled with them! If you took all the acronyms away, the whole thing would collapse in a week.

Okay, last one, I promise. "Sure is a beautiful day to skip class. #Roar Lions." I am SO not going to even comment on the stupidity or absurdity of this statement...

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment