Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Post Written Entirely Because I'm Bored

It's a sad reason to write a post, but it's a reason, right?

Maybe I should clarify something. I do not despise or loathe the Hunger Games in any way, shape or form. The fans seem much less obnoxious than those of, say, Harry Potter, and infinitely less obnoxious than those of, say, Twilight, because I really cannot think of anything worse than Twilight. Be that as it may, however, it's usually the fans that turn me off a particular series that I have not seen/read. I would have been a lot more okay with Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and Cars (and Cars 2) had we not seen the stupid merchandise everywhere! I swear, Wal-Mart was inundated. Let's hope the Hunger Games doesn't go that way, or it WILL get on my nerves and I may begin to dislike it.

I have, however, done a little research on the Hunger Games, and have decided that it's not my kind of thing, and I don't plan to read it. There let it rest. I much prefer to rip apart pathetic series that I HAVE read... like Harry Potter... which series is a glorification of the lack of common sense and logic. *facepalms* Apparently, the more magic you have, the less wisdom you have. And wisdom is a very distinct think from knowledge! Anyone can be smart and know lots of things, but wisdom is the practical and good application of those smarts and knowledge to good ends. And a liberal dash of common sense! Logical training doesn't hurt, either.

There's a lot of people in this world who would FAIL it, but it might not be a bad idea to have a requisite logic course in school. Logic is, as one person put it, "the art of thinking correctly". It is the pursuit of truth. And before you go all Pontius Pilate and say, "What is truth?" I would like to state: "Truth is the conformity between what is thought and what is real." In other words, when we bow to truth, we conform what we believe to what is real, rather than the other way around. Conforming the world around us to what we believe... Trying to do that mentally leads to madness. Trying to do it with technology... well, our science is letting our culture do precisely that. It's the mentality of a spoiled child. MY WAY! I WANT MY WAY! Etc., etc., etc. Grow up and learn that the world is a far better place than you might have been led to believe.

While I'm thinking of it, the Supreme Court stated in what I think was their Roe vs. Wade decision that everyone had a fundamental right to "define the meaning of existence" or something like that. Think about that one for a moment, long and hard. They insisted that everyone had the right to decide for themselves what was real or not, regardless if it IS real or not. That sounds like a definition of insanity to me, if you ask me...

Which is why I have fun mocking that quote every chance I get!

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment