Friday, November 16, 2012

And Now For a Pointy Hat Trick



 
 
Yay! I was finally able to post this Hobbit poster of Gandalf! Of course, in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey we are back to Gandalf the Grey, so get any lingering notions of Gandalf the White out of your head. (We're also going to get Radagast the Brown in his magical bunny rabbit sled, but I don't have any posters for him.)
 
 
Today I actually don't have much to talk about, other than to note that the geography department is still being razed. That's what the furniture in the middle of the ground floor Wesleyan corridor is about, if you were wondering. Dr. Mikey explained it all on Wednesday. Someone knocked an old barometer off the wall and it broke. Naturally, it contained mercury. So the haz-mat team had to come in and rip up the carpet and burn it, along with everything else that was contaminated. Now they have to finish cleaning, put down new carpet, etc. An involved process.
 
Also on geography: I think I broke the speed record for exams today. I don't know at what time I started, but I was walking out of the room 14 minutes after the hour. And it was a 10-pager, too.
 
Okay, okay, there had been an error with the copier and half of those pages were blank. There were actually only 40 questions, all multiple choice. But it's fun to brag and say, "I finished a 10 page test in 14 minutes!"
 
In Pace Christi,
 
Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment