Friday, November 30, 2012

Invaded by Screaming Teenagers


"GRRR! Too many high schoolers! Could not get lunch because of them!"

Seriously. We have been invaded. Inundated. Overwhelmed. Swamped. They are clueless (even more clueless than me) and annoying. A much better use for Portal e-mail instead of sending me messages begging me to join the Rugby Club would be to warn us all real college students when irreverent high schoolers invade.

On another note, today is my 220th post.

On another note, I went to the bathroom in the Guillot without Priscilla turning up to haunt me. Priscilla is the ghost of a girl who hung herself in O'Neal Hall, which was there before the Guillot was. Perhaps Priscilla is responsible for the insanely long lines... that might actually be a better method of haunting people.

In literature yesterday, we covered Paradise Lost. There were many sympathizers for satan in there. (No, I do not capitalize 'satan'. He isn't deserving of it.) They were debating many philosophical and theological points and I was scribbling counterpoints in my book- and I usually don't write in my books. It got so bad that people were suggesting that God prevented satan from repenting. Hello? The text said the fires of Hell inside satan prevented him from accepting repentance- that is, that an internal, not an external, force prevented him. I'm not even drawing on the Bible here, peoples!

My personal conspiracy theory: satan hijacked Paradise Lost (which means, I suppose, that he hijacked Milton) in order to have himself portrayed more admirably.

I make a very good conspiracy theorist, although I don't theorize about the usual things.

Also, the Jesus people weren't out on campus yesterday. It was a very nice change. I almost missed them. Today, however, high schoolers were screeching and hanging off the amphitheater... I'm not sure which is more annoying. There's a lot more high schoolers. But they're not handing out literature. On the other hand, they're everywhere...

Grr.

 
 
Can you tell that I found new Dwarf posters for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey? XD Of course I have. I found a very nice collection online, but what else would you expect from a website called www.thorinoakenshield.net? I have a VERY extensive collection of Dwarf pictures. I really don't have many of LOTR stuff in comparison. Seriously, I probably have more of Thorin than of anyone else individually. I'm not really sure how that came about... He isn't even my favorite character. It's probably simply because he is one of the main characters and so there is a lot of very nice art depicting him.
 
ANYWAY. In the above picture, that is Balin on the left and Dwalin on the right. I still think Balin looks a bit like Santa Claus. Without a moustache. And with a sword. Santa Claus who joined the "bikers' gang of Middle-earth", as the producers put it.



And this is Bombur, Bofur, and Bifur, from left to right. I just love Bofur's hat. I know I've mentioned it several times before, but it's just so adorkable!!!

And, no, I don't care that I've posted three Hobbit pictures in one day, since I have more than enough to last me until December 14th.

In other news (yet again), I have discovered the Official Fanfiction University of Middle-earth and the Protectors of the Plot Continuum. I have correspondingly developed an insane love of mini-Balrogs and Elrond. In fact, I think I am deciding that Elrond is my second favorite character of Middle-earth, right after Eomer. If I go insane enough, I will post fanart (not mine, of course) of LOTR charactesr from the Official Fanfiction University of Middle-earth in black leather. Seriously. People draw this. It's apparently called the Black Leather Alliance of Men and Elves. However, I love Elladan and Elrohir and Glorfindel, so I ain't complaining...

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment