Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dead Day


It's hard to properly enjoy Dead Day when you know a messload of finals are just around the corner, isn't it?

Oh, and apparently we're not supposed to call it 'Dead Day' anymore, but rather 'Study Day'. I'm not sure why. Is calling it 'Dead Day' offensive to dead people and so we must be politically correct? I wonder how much studying goes on during Dead Day. I've always found it a bit incongruous that the Honors Program has a party on Dead Day. However, I went, despite my case of the sniffles. The food was catered by Chick-fil-A, so you know it was good. I didn't win a gift card, but then I really wasn't banking my hopes on that, either.

Afterwards, about half a dozen of us gathered together and had a small gripe session about speech class. I think we all found it very therapeutic and entertaining.

On the good side, my group finished our project for the W. C. Handy Music Festival poster competition, so we feel very happy and relieved about it. If we do say so ourselves, we think our design is very good and we (of course) hope it will win. But we'll have to wait until the spring to find out!

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment