Monday, December 17, 2012

MORE HOBBIT INSANITY

I really, really wanted to go see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in 3D HFR today, alone if necessary since almost no one else in my family likes 3D even if they have never experienced it before (I figure it's worth a shot), but now I have heard rumors that Florence High is in lockdown and either ECM or Helen Keller or possibly both are in lockdown because of some nut, and now I'm kinda afraid to even go out Christmas shopping as I planned...

Even if nothing is on the news... except for something about Helen Keller. o.O Am very confused.

So... I'm stuck here.

HOWEVER.

I thought of a few more things that were great about TH:AUJ! SPOILERS!!!!!


Elrond in armor. Big highlight of the film for me. Personally, I think Elrond looks great in armor (and not so great out of it in most cases), so seeing the Elven riders taking out the wargs was really great. I was chanting under my breath during that scene, "Elladan, Elrohir! Elladan, Elrohir!" It looked like there were a couple of dark-haired Elves, but no one can say for sure. Folks on TheOneRing.net are already speculating if a golden-haird Elf is Glorfindel.

Oh, and the picture above is from a German LOTR website. I love being able to visit Herr-der-Ringe and being able to read most of it!

It's also hilarious when there's a German comment on a video on YouTube and I can read it. Especially when the comments are things along the lines of, "This is so corny," or, "This is so 80's," as it was for one video...

As for the other thing... well, I'm gonna attempt to embed my first gif file. Here goes!

 
And whaddaya know... it looks like it's worked.
 
This is for all those who are drooling over Thorin and Kili and ignoring the blond Dwarf. Fili needs some love, too. (There's a three-way tie for my favorite Dwarf, if you can't tell.) I can always pick out Fili in a group shot- the blond hair makes me think 'Elf' every time. Which is hilarious.
 
Anyway, the way Fili walks on into Bag End is simply priceless in my opinion. Kili just sort of barges on in and Fili follows with more dignity. Older brothers always have more dignity. Even so, Fili's walk here can only be described as a swagger. Really. I have never used that word before. But Fili is just that cool.
 
Oh, and this is something also funny I found on Tumblr.
 
 
If you click on it, it should expand. It is a helpful little tool for people who have not watched all the production vlogs, have not memorized the names of all the major and minor actors, and who can tell you what each Dwarf is wearing, who their brother is, and what is their ultimate fate. Like, say, me for instance.
 
I am obsessed and I do not mind in the slightest!!!
 
In Pace Christi,
 
Elyse


No comments:

Post a Comment