Monday, January 28, 2013

I Finally Looked It Up, This Quote


FRODO: 'I knew danger lay ahead, of course; but I did not expect to meet it in our own Shire. Can't a hobbit walk from the Water to the River in peace?'

GILDOR: 'But it is not your own Shire. Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.'

-- The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book One, Chapter Three, 'Three Is Company'.


If you click on the pictures, they will enlarge and become much clearer. Yes, I am soothing my frustration with beautiful hobbit pictures and Tolkien quotes. I should also listen to Celtic Woman music. We listened to it in the car Friday. If everyone listened to Celtic Woman while driving, incidents of road rage would drop abruptly, I am convinced.


On that note, I need to go to Books-a-Million and complete my collection of little Hobbit action figures by getting Gandalf and Balin. I have Thorin, Fili, Kili, Dwalin, and Bilbo, as well as Legolas and Tauriel. The latter two are standing off by themselves, being all Elvish-ly disapproving of the Dwarves and their shenanigans.

Figurine Bilbo refuses to stand up. I had to take off all of his unnecessary accessories to get him to even half-heartedly stand up. And something's wrong with his vest. It won't stay put. Sting is pretty flimsy, too, and the figurine doesn't even look like movie!Bilbo or Martin Freeman in the least. His outfit has very few details, too. Of course, I realise that he doesn't have many designs on his clothes that they could put on the figurine, but still... In comparison to my Dwarf figurines, he looks unloved and plain.

In contrast, my Dwarf figurines are awesomely detailed. Even without his fur coat, Thorin is majestic. MADE OF PLASTIC. STILL MAJESTIC!


Not sorry. I love this meme.

Anyway, Thorin has his Dwarvish sword and Orcrist, but not his Dwarf axe. I think it's called 'Deathless', or so I read somewhere. If so, it's a nod to the founder of his race, Durin the Deathless. You can even see Thorin's two braids in the front and his twintails in the back. (There have seriously been posts devoted exclusively to Thorin's hair on TheOneRing.net. XD)

Dwalin is suitably awesome. His axes still have their names on them! Ukhlat and Umraz, Grasper and Keeper. He also has his hammer and his knife. I like how he uses his hammer as a post to lean on whenever he's just standing in the movie- note it when he's giving Gloin a disapproving glare for his 'long-term deposit'.

Ironically, I didn't think Kili's figurine was as good as those of the other Dwarves. The face just didn't look like Kili to me. o.O Dunno why. At least his figurine had fairly good balance and remaining standing on top of my alarm clock/radio while Fili and Dwalin kept doing backflips and plummeting off the back of my dresser, losing their fragile grip on their tiny plastic weapons in the process. *headdesk* I had to pull all the drawers out of my dresser and move the massive thing in order to fish out Fili. While I had it out, I vacuumed under it. The snakeskin wasn't under there anyway.

Yes. I have a snakeskin. It's become a family joke. At one time, I kept it under the dresser. I can't remember what led up to the occurence, but mom was looking for something that had fallen under my dresser. She pulled out the snakeskin. I'll just let you imagine her reaction...

At least I keep it in Ziploc bag now.

Anyway.

I was most pleased with the Fili figurine. I guess I just really do have a soft spot for Fili. But his figurine seemed really detailed- I love his expression and his hair. Also, all the little designs in his clothes were captured well, and the fact that he has his dual swords means I can stand him up on my dresser looking all fierce and ferocious with them in his hands. Dwalin just looks grim and serious, while Thorin is doing the whole I-am-majestic face, while Kili just has the blank-eyed plastic look. Fili looks like he means business.

Yeah, I like Fili.


Once again, not my art. Done by EM-MIKA on Deviantart. This artist does wonderful work! Seriously, go check it out. Support the Hobbit fandom and all that.

I also need to get the Hobbit LEGOs. If LEGO Bag End gets away from me, I will be inconsolable. I REALLY want LEGO Bofur with his little LEGO hat. I have also heard that the Bofur hat has been defictionalized. I want one for my birthday. Will someone get me one? I'll love you forever if you do. And I will wear it all the time. Even to class. I promise, I will. I'll also braid my hair like Bofur's and wear a scarf like him.

Just the fact that I'm blond will ruin it, though... Maybe I should cosplay as Fili instead.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment