Friday, March 29, 2013

300th Post - A Tribute to Tolkien

I mean, in what better way could I have commemorated my 300th post on this blog? Really. There simply is not a better way than the celebration of all things J. R. R. Tolkien.

This is quite appropriate, as I have also just finished re-reading The Fellowship of the Ring, and therefore I shall share seven of my favorite quotes from it, along with relevant (or semi-relevant) pictures. Because pictures are worth one thousand words, as the saying goes. And they are pretty to look at. And I have embarked on (ANOTHER) meme-making expedition lately, so I have lots of screencaps and things to play around with...

*Ahem.* Anyway.


1. Elrond: "Yet such is oft the course of the deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."


2. Frodo: "I will take the Ring, though I do not know the way."



3. Gimli: "Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens."

-- On that vein, I was playing around with Paint with this exact same picture and quote, and this is what resulted:


Of course, now that I look at it, it seems as if the text has mysteriously shifted upwards, but oh well... It's just an amateur playing around with Paint, anyway. I found a new favorite font, though. I usually stick to Book Antique, but Lucinda Calligraphy and Lucinda Bright turned out very well for most everything I was doing. It's amazing how little tweaks can change something so much.

Anyway!


4. The Gaffer: "It's the job that's never started as takes the longest to finish."


5. Gandalf: "He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."


6. Galadriel: "Maybe the paths that you shall tread are already laid before your feet, though you do not see them."


7. Legolas: "For such is the way of it, to find and lose, as it seems to those whost boat is on the running stream."

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment