Saturday, March 16, 2013

More From Cardinal Batman

As you regular readers of my blog (haha) may know, I am an ardent fan of Catholic Memes and one of my favorites of their offerings is this meme of Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York:

 
Appparently, he keeps a blog of sorts, and he was quoted in it by Our Sunday Visitor as saying, concerning the papal elections: "Please God, I'll be home by Palm Sunday. ...If I'm in Rome longer, please send peanut butter. You can't get it there."
 
Cardinal Timmy, ladies and gentlemen. Do you need any other reasons why I was rooting for him for the papacy?
 
Also, while I was looking up information on Pope Francis and pictures of him, I stumbled across this amusing article on CatholicVote.org. I don't know much about baseball; what I do know is what I have managed to remember from my sister talking about the Atlanta Braves. However, I did know that the Astros are having a bad season, to put it mildly, and so the picture of the article and its caption amused me greatly.
 
Here. I'll share it for you, along with the entertaining caption, if Google (which I routinely wish to kill) will let me:
 
+Dolan, organizing the Vatican City Cardinals baseball team? They could probably beat the Astros.
 
Catholics just have a better sense of humor. XD
 
In Pace Christi,
 
Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment