Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Some More Stuff I Did In My Spare Time

As you no doubt know, if you've looked at my blog at all, I got my hands on a DVD of TH:AUJ yesterday, and memes happened.

We watched it last night. I managed to keep my comments to a minimum so family members who had not yet seen it could hear what was going on, so I was not threatened with duct tape, mercifully. However, I did go through it again today so I could pause it on favorite parts, look at stuff in the background, and take screenshots. Lots of screenshots.

And memes happened.


Bofur is the Boromir of The Hobbit as far as having the most memetically mutating lines. "Think furnace, with wings!" and Ridiculously Lovely Bofur and the Hat and it goes on and on...


This is one of my brother's favorite lines to quote. Whenever someone does something silly, stupid, or otherwise questionable, he is liable to pop up and say, "Thorin Oakenshield will not be responsible for your fate," or some permutation thereof. So, naturally, I knew I had to make a meme of it. I would actually be really happy if this one became memetic, as I can think of instances in Real Life where I could justify saying this.


For some reason, the image of Bofur trying to smoke his pipe in the rain (while on horseback, mind you... or should that be ponyback?) always gets me. I find myself telling the screen, "Ain't gonna work, honey," and (even stranger) not feeling very apologetic about it...

This is another meme I would like to catch on. Bofur should be memetic for many things: his Hat, his Ridiculously Lovely status, the 'furnace with wings' line and his 'well, that could have been worse' optimism. I have made two other memes with this picture headed by 'Optimism' with something at the bottom; I'll post them some time in the next few days.

Of course, seeing as how I am trying to start a trend, it will never catch on.

Now I just need to learn how to make gifs. Problem is, if and when I do learn how, I will inundate my blog with Fili gifs. I took a lot of screenshots of him, come to think of it... *innocent smile*

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment