Monday, April 15, 2013

Aragorn Tribute









Aragorn used to be one of my favorite characters from The Lord of the Rings, and I still admire him greatly, particularly in the book, where he does not show the same weaknesses he does in the movie. (Granted, those same weaknesses make him appear more human.) I especially admire his lines in Chapter 2 The Riders of Rohan of Book Three (a.k.a., the first part of The Two Towers), where he talks about, "Good and evil have not changed from yesteryear, nor are they one thing among Elves and another among Dwarves. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in his own home as in the Golden Wood."

Yes, I did these pictures myself. It was fun playing around with the fonts and trying to get the words to fit. The rhyme was made by Bilbo for Aragorn once he learned of the Dunadan's true heritage, and it is simply epic.

All that is gold does not glitter;
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither:
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken;
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken;
The crowneless again shall be king.
 


 
In Pace Christi,
 
Elyse

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I would like to say, I love love love what you did with the poem and how you made each line it's own picture. You did a great job! "Not all those who wander are lost" is one of my favorite quotes...EVER.





    ReplyDelete