Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I Need A Laugh

*sigh* It was another grumpy day at school. Actually, it started off happy and ended up grumpy. It started off well in calculus (you know something's weird when that is possibly my favorite class this semester. Actually, the fact that we are a very small group - there's only nine of us! Nine Nazgul! - probably helps since we - mostly - know each others names and can commiserate). Instead of having our normal lecture, we went to Research Day to check out the various exhibitions done by faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates.

Which was very convenient, as our assignment in human geography was to go to Research Day and write about two of the exhibits we saw there. So I sat in the library and did that. Very good.

Then it went downhill from there. *headbang*

...Hmm. I don't seem to have any grumpy gifs, other than the one of Scar going, "I am surrounded by idiots." Which is probably a good thing. So, instead, I think I'll post some happy gifs and then some funny stuff I've found on the Internet and hopefully get myself in a better mood.


Here is Andy Serkis (a.k.a., Gollum), apparently dancing happily through a field of flowers near Matamata, New Zealand (or, at least, that looks very much like the location of Hobbiton to me...). I'm not really sure what he's doing here, but this definitely qualifies as a happy gif. Also, Andy Serkis needs more love. He's been snubbed by the awards people so many times on his role as Gollum; maybe one day he'll make it big as a director and will be able to win awards there.


Why this gif? I like Fili. He's the responsible older brother. I can relate to that. He also has better blond braids than Legolas. (Whaaat? Elves are so last year!)

I just like Fili, okay? Even if he does have a brief blond moment (i.e., "If there's a key, there must be a door," although I think that could actually be a valid deduction, since the presence of the door was previously unknown).

And this gif makes me smile. It's adorable.

So on this blog it goes!

I'll have you know I looked a very long time for it. There's another gif of Fili I've been looking for, too. I'm just lucky I found the Dwarf boot camp gifs I've been looking for a very long time. Everywhere I saw them, they were just pictures. I didn't want the pictures. I WANTED THE GIFS! And so I finally found them. Here they are, in all their glory:


How can you not love this gif?

(For your information, that is Richard Armitage/Thorin on the left, Mark Hadlow/Dori in the center, and Graham McTavish/Dwalin on the right. No, I don't know who the dude int he back is. He bears a passing resemblance to John Howe, one of the concept artists, with his glasses, beard, and hair, but I HIGHLY doubt that it is him.)

This is a link to John Howe's website. He does wonderful art. Go check it out.

And, as for the other gif:


This gif doesn't show the beginning of the clip, but Graham basically jump-tackled Richard like a football player. It's nice to see that the trust and loyalty between Thorin and Dwalin (they are almost always together in fights, and when they're stuck in Rivendell they trash-talk about it to each other... watch that part again and tell me that's not what they're doing!) extends to behind the scenes as well.

Plus, I just love the hit-their-boots-together thing the actors do. It's hilarious.

As an added bonus, I have to share something that Amy shared with me. I honestly cannot give any description of this video; it is too funny for any attempt at a witty explanation.


There. I think I'm in a better mood now.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment