Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Me Fooling Around

So, the other Sunday we were out on the lawn playing croquet. Croquet is a wonderful game, too, if you've got the balls for it.


I must admit, it was this person's Pinterest page (www.pinterest.com/swordwhale/) that led to my discovering of that site, which swallows your time as a black hole swallows light. And so I branched out and discovered Hobbit things and LOTR things and anti-Twilight things. Yay.

Anyway, so the other Sunday we were out playing croquet. We played two games. The first game I arrived late to yet somehow still won. I do not know how that happened. Possibly I have learned how to hit the balls better. Dunno. The second game dad came out and beat us all soundly. WITH EASE.

So we were standing around with the mallets waiting for each other to finish up so we could take our turns ourselves. And the temptation to misuse those mallets is enormous, as Calvin once said.


(I couldn't find the one of him actually saying that, however. Sad face.)

We, however, tend to call the mallets 'bammers', since they, well, bam the balls around. At least, that's the sound they make. So my brother and I were having fun running around and saying, "He wields the bammer - bright as daylight!"

And then I corrupted it to say: "He wields the gravity hammer - bright as daylight!"

And this resulted:


I'm not even sorry. XP

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment