Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Armitage Post to Rule Them All

Somehow, I have ended up with over 20 pictures to put in this post. I really don't know how that happened. It just happened. Not complainingly overly, though, mind you... It's just... odd. Or not so odd.

It's a very worthy cause. Don't you agree?

Now, my job right now it to convince anyone who sees this post to join the Armitage Army. If I succeed, please let me know. XD


Believe me, this has already been done in fanart. It's that kind of fandom. If something is ever mentioned in an interview, it will be drawn. RA mentioned that he and Graham McTavish played ping pong: the fandom responded instantly by drawing Thorin and Dwalin playing ping pong.

It's nice to have an enthusiastic fandom, however. XD


He knows about us. He knows us quite well, I'd say.

SORRY!

 
 
Okay, how can you NOT like the guy after a comment like that? I mean, really.

I haven't seen Up but it looks really good...


And the cast have all said that they would follow him in real life just as their characters do in the book and in the movies. Aww...


And that is why, fellow Ringers, we know Thorin is in good hands. There And Back Again is going to heart-breakingly beautiful.

AND THEN WE HAVE TO SAY GOOD-BYE TO MIDDLE-EARTH HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE IT IS SO UNFAIR I WOULD LOVE A SILMARILLION MOVIE BUT THEY'D PROBABLY BOTCH IT BUT I STILL WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT AHSDKAFHKSJDFHJKFKSDFHKL

My first official keyboardsmash, folks.


Aaaaaaaand here we have RA as the successor to Viggo Mortensen, who had a tooth knocked out while filming a scene and actually asked if they could superglue it back in so he could finish it. Yeah. That's tough.



I have this gif and, while the writing is in Japanese (the premiere there was well-attended, more from RA there later) I do believe this is not actually what they're saying. Still hilarious as anything, though.

Are we prepared for this???

*looks at hobbitocentric lifestyle and concludes life is ruined anyway*

Do carry on, my good men!


No. One does not. It is quite literally impossible. Boromir has spoken. So let it be written, so let it be done.


Not arguing. It'll be his masterpiece. We all know that to be true.

(THAT IS BEORN'S HOUSE!!!! YAY!)


 
 

I think of this now every time I watch the scene and recite to myself, "Poor puppy Richard..." I mean, food fight and you're not invited? Major bummer.


Yes. Yes, it is obvious. Thanks for pointing that out. XD


TheOneRing.net knows us too well. Far too well. XD


May I take the moment to say that whoever did this froze the screen at just the right moment and took a perfect screenshot? Because, man, this illustrates the quote so well.

That's all I can say.


If you don't know about the infamous Naked Dwarf Calendar by now... *sighs* ...you obviously haven't seen any of the interviews or been on Tumblr. It's the subject of mass speculation. It doesn't help that some of the actors keep dropping hints (I'm looking at you, Graham). Also, Graham and RA seem to have a sort of competition as to whose idea it was.

I might actually crop this picture and keep it, because there's not too many pictures of Thorin smiling...

It's a thought. XD






Guess who was in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace?

And, no, I haven't actually pulled my DVD out to look up that scene to check. I've actually heard that you can't see him in the movie, just in stills and background footage. Grr.

You know, I actually liked the Phantom Menace. Reasons? (1) pod race (2) Obi-Wan (3) Aslan is a Jedi

Need I say more?

I pretty much ignored/skipped through everything I didn't care for. Jar-Jar was no more annoying than anything else. Sometimes I'm a bit perplexed actually at the amount of hate directed towards him. When people compare Radagast the Brown to him, however, that is when I put my foot down and yell, "NO!"

Radagast is awesome. Jar-Jar is not. The end.

Can you name the most obscure piece of Tolkien trivia you know?
 


Pictorial evidence of RA's geekiness. NAUGLAFRING!!!!!


This gif is from the TH:AUJ premiere in Tokyo. This gif is adorable. 'Nuff said.

So, have I made any converts for the Armitage Army? I think my evidence speaks for itself here... XD

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

2 comments:

  1. "You know, I actually liked the Phantom Menace. Reasons? (1) pod race (2) Obi-Wan (3) Aslan is a Jedi"

    This is the most truest sentence about that movie I have ever read. :D

    I love this post to bits and bits and YAY..

    Thank you for making my day a gazillion days over..


    ~Natsu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever seen North and South? If you love RA, watch it.

    ReplyDelete