Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tumblr Fandoms Discuss the Sherlock Predicament

I blame you, Amy.

I blame you for everything.

So a copy of the first season of Sherlock was found in the city library and I have watched the first two episodes (up until this point, I have subsisted upon clips found on YouTube, which is a pitiful fare). Therefore, I suppose that means I have officially joined the fandom.

Speaking of which, I found this on Tumblr and, since I cannot merely reblog it, will have to retype it here.

      Doctor Who: Guys, we need to do something about Sherlock.
  • Homestuck: What? What's wrong?
  • Doctor Who: They're jealous of you, Homestuck. You complained about being on hiatus for two months and then you got an update and... now they're just going insane.
  • Homestuck: But-but that wasn't our fault! We were just excited!
  • Doctor Who: I know. But look at them!
  • Sherlock: Falls... falling... how... John... Sherlock... Rat, wedding, bow.
  • Doctor Who: As you can see, prolonged exposure drove them insane.
  • Supernatural: Well, what do expect us to do? It's not like they're possessed or anything, they're just psychotic.
  • Sherlock: I AM NOT A PSYCHOPATH, I AM A HIGH-FUNCTIONING SOCIOPATH! DO YOUR RESEARCH.
  • Avengers: What's going on here?
  • Hunger Games: Should we kill it?
  • Doctor Who: No, that's not what I meant! I meant--
  • Harry Potter: Hey, we're in pain, too! Why don't we get any sympathy?
  • Merlin: Guys, just calm down--
  • Star Trek: WHY ARE YOU SYMPATHIZING WITH KHAN!?
  • Sherlock: Ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive, stayin' alive!
  • Doctor Who: I. AM. TALKING!!
  • Everyone: ...
  • Doctor Who: Thank you. Alright, we need to get someone to help Sherlock. Do you know anyone? A psychiatrist, maybe?
  • Hannibal: Would anyone care for a nice meal?
  • Doctor Who: Where did you even come from? Did we invite you?

  •  
    I don't know why, but I get a kick out of watching fandoms deal with each other (or at least try to deal with each other). In that vein, I shall repost something I saw this morning on Audrey's blog:
     
     
    And, I can tell you, Rick Riordan regrets nothing. There's a reason why the ending of each of the three Heroes of Olympus books has made me want to scream and throw things.
     
    The fandom calls them 'Rickhangers' now, not 'cliffhangers'.
     
    My fandoms, people.
     
    In Pace Christi,
     
    Elyse

    No comments:

    Post a Comment