Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Glorious Mishmash of Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Some Other Stuff

Yes, the Other Stuff is important and must be billed. Or, in other words, I have found the geek section of FailBlog and am now supplementing my fandoms with funny pictures and other good stuff. Heaven knows I do not need to get on Tumblr. It's a black hole, filled with captions. I do not need to go there...


Does the light side have chocolate chip cookies? That's the most important question.


This is LEGO's and so it is automatically adorable. (How is Darth Vader held up?? With invisible tape???)


I do not remember him from Goblet of Fire. Granted, I watched that movie all of one time and probably had no idea who David Tennant was at that time. But now I know the rest of the story and can appreciate this.

I also have that gif of the Doctor from which that last picture is taken. :)


Now I will think of this every time. HEADCANON ACCEPTED!


It has a point. (Are the two second-from-the-right pictures from Game of Thrones? The guy on the bottom looks vaguely familiar and I can think of nothing else.)


R2D2 appears in Star Trek Into Darkness. Betcha didn't know that, did you?


Now this is pumpkin carving taken to the next level!


This explains everything. Grumpy Cat has millions of clones and they inhabit the Daleks.

Incidentally, our paper ran a short article on Grumpy Cat today. Apparently, her real name is Tardar Sauce (sic) and she is now advertising for Purina. Or something like that. I was astonished that they had actually found the real Grumpy Cat, but also weirdly delighted. Yay Grumpy Cat!


At first I was inclined to be offended, and then I saw, "EXCOMMUNICATE," and started giggling. Catholics do have the best sense of humor.

I'm also surprised that the 'cardinal' Daleks are wearing birettas. I'm even more surprised that the 'pope' Dalek is not wearing the three-layered tiara, but rather an ordinary (if white and bejeweled) miter. Go figure.


Mishmashes of music with any of my favorite fandoms are always acceptable. However, just know that '9/8' and '7/8' are not actually called compound time and complex time. They're generally called... just '9/8' and '7/8' time. Surprise, surprise.


Still laughing hysterically over this one. I have such a weird sense of humor. I am also one of those weird people who laugh instead of groaning at bad puns...

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment