Monday, October 7, 2013

Fullmetal Alchemist

So, yeah, new fandom. Fullmetal Alchemist is seriously amazing, people. Watch it. No kidding.

I'm on episode 10.

Episodes 1-2 were awesome. Granted, the first episode had a very creepy beginning when it showed Edward and Al trying to bring their mother back to life. Well, the half-seen 'result' of their efforts and that hideous noise it made was creepy. And the results... lots of blood and darkness. Edward lost an arm and a leg, and Al lost his body. Argh.

And then the next few episodes show how adorable Edward and Al were as children. So you can't help but fall in love with them and go, "Aww," and cry with them.

That just prepares you for episode 7 where things start going hideously wrong. I swear, Edward crying over the splattered remains of the Nina chimera was one of the most horrible, gut-wrenching sounds I've heard in a long time. It's like... gah! He's only 12! Why is he going through all this mess?


Oh, and I adore Winry. I've barely seen anything of her so far, and I still love her. EdwardxWinry all the way. His proposal to her at the end of the series (hey, who can NOT click on a link like that?) is the most adorable/awkward/funny thing I've seen in a long time.

The contrast of Al being the younger, gentler brother stuck as a giant suit of metal is also nice irony. (Pun not intended.) And anytime Edward goes all nuts on people who call him 'short', even inadvertently, is hilarious. I sympathize with him since I am also short. He even had to stand on his briefcase once to be able to see over a crowd... lol.

In fact, his explosions over his perceived shortness and the Catholic Anime memes are largely what dragged me into this fandom. That, and the encouragement of some cousins.


"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."

Like I said, only on episode 10, but that quote REALLY fits so far. It was all I could think of in one of the earlier episodes when Al and Edward are sparring, just like that.

It's not like I needed the extra time or the feels to spare. Goodness, I have GOT to stop picking up fandoms. However, it seems like every time I say that, I find a new one...

On second thoughts, how about I just stay off the Internet? That should work...

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment