Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I've Been On a Catholic Roll...


I was always afraid of this when I was the lector for Friday morning Mass. Fortunately, we switched to missalettes with the daily responses in them, which helped a lot.


You know, I had never realized that before. But it is a brilliant point. XD I think it should be brought up every time when the feminists now. They always like to demonize everything masculine, after all, so they like to think that satan should be a he. Nothing like using their own logic against them, though.


I did not know this. Isn't life amazing? "Truly I am fearfully and wonderfully made."


I'm not sure what that means, but it's funny all the same. My confessions are pretty boring, too. Not to mention repetitive... must work on more patience.

What's also funny is that this picture is from Fullmetal Alchemist, where the thief Psiren 'decides' to be a nun. This is after she posed (or actually was, I'm not sure) as a nurse. Then she goes to being a schoolteacher. The whole time, Al has the greatest of sympathy for her and Ed is just over it all.


Today is Venerable Fulton Sheen Day apparently... not that I grudge it, since he does have great quotes.


Cannot argue there. XD Ahahaha. And this is from when Pokémon were more imaginative! They're mostly just blobs of color with eyes now. Even so, how does it stand on just one leg?? Those wings must be vestigial, because there is no way it's getting off the ground like that. In short, there is no evolutionary scientific reason why it could be alive.

Not that I exactly believe in macroevolution...


It must be said, though, that our cardinals nowadays do not wear armor. I'm also not sure why they're in a tickertape parade or a baseball arena (or whatever it is). This is when a writer takes the whole 'Church Militant' aspect a little too far.

Also, lol, the Swiss Guards in the back. The poor Cors Helvetica. And, no, their uniforms were NOT designed by Michelangelo, just for your information.

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment