Thursday, October 24, 2013

No one wants to believe in evil, really, and above all not in an evil being, an evil spirit. Everyone wants to abolish the idea. To admit the existence of evil means a responsibility, and no one wants that responsibility. That is the opening through which the evil spirit crawls, stilling all suspicions, making everything seem normal and natural.

- Pope Benedict XVI

In semi-related news, I finally looked up the German for something I've been meaning to for a while now:


"What is this new devilry?"

I now need an opportunity to say this. I have already used, "Das hat dir der Teufel gesagt!" once or twice, to general incomprehension. It was mostly for the lolz, though; I would never really mean something like that. The lolz comes from the fact that I found the quote in a German version of Rumpelstiltskin.

...You know, I'm not actually sure how you do spell 'Rumpelstiltskin'. Weird. O.o

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment