Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy Birthday, Professor Tolkien!

The Professor was born on January 3rd, 1892, so he would have been 121 today. Not as old as Bilbo Baggins yet (give it another 10 years), but still very respectable in Hobbit standards.


Thank you a thousandfold for creating your wonderful world of Middle-earth and its inhabitants and sharing it so generously for all of us. You have been my role model in so many ways as I set about writing fiction and world-building in my little corner of Arda. Your writings have moved my heart and soul and given me a much greater desire for light, truth, beauty, order, and goodness. The fact that you lived has changed my life for the better, and all I can do to pay you back is to continue the ripple effect in the world around me.

Thank you.

Requiscas in pace.

Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment