Friday, March 14, 2014

Ever Heard of Joe Hisaishi?

Because I'm gaining a serious appreciation for his music. He composes the soundtracks for the Studio Ghibli movies, and they are all gorgeous.


"Merry-Go-Round of Life", from Howl's Moving Castle. I actually got the sheet music for the song, I found it so lovely. It doesn't hurt that it's a great movie and an even greater book (there is some disconnect between the two, though). I've had to go and draw Howl already. I plan to draw Sophie as well some time in the sort-of near future, but I don't know whether to draw her with brown hair or silver.


Tumblr has a gif for that.


"Dragon Boy", from Spirited Away. Haven't seen that one yet, but if it ever shows up in my university library I'm definitely checking it out.


The Secret World of Arrietty. Wasn't there a book, or am I dreaming?

*goes off to listen to more beautiful music*

In Pace Christi,

Elyse

1 comment: